Thursday, April 17, 2014

Traditions...





As you will soon learn, I feel very strongly about creating memories.  More specifically, traditions.  This can come in many forms which I will share in future blogs.  I suppose I am a real "softy" at heart, although many people/clients seem to think I am so strong.  Beyond that positive, energetic business persona that I believe always comes across, lies such a home body who lives for the simple things in life.

One particular passion of mine will probably not come as a surprise.  I love table settings!  Yep,  something that entwines Design, Food and Family. Dishes, stemware, linens, centerpieces, flatware, flowers, candles, accessories, place cards, oh my!!!  Obviously I create special tablescapes for various holidays and seasons, but I strive to have my dining table look beautiful on a daily basis.  It can simply be beautiful placemats with compatible napkins tied in a knot and a casual center piece. Sticks from my yard in large clear vessels are setting the mood currently.  Whenever I am in any discount home store,  I leave no stone unturned in the clearance sections in hopes of unearthing interesting placements and napkins.  They certainly do not have to match, as a matter of fact they rarely do. I obviously can order any type of fabric, but I get such a thrill when I am in a discount fabric store and find just the right amount of yardage in the clearance bin to make that perfect tablecloth!

Easter is fast approaching, and I have been planning my Easter table for two months!  I am so excited about this years' design!  I found clearance/discontinued plates and bowls with an additional 50% off! Very discounted accent plates were found driving to three different stores to get the amount I needed.  They will fit the theme perfectly.  With my vast collection of linens, I am combining some that were used in very different looks.  It's all about re-inventing and having fun. I know that my family thinks I am a bit obsessed about this, but I believe if asked, they would say that they love what I create and look forward to what else can come out of this crazy brain of mine.  Most importantly I hope I am creating memories.  Traditions.  My two grown daughters are showing signs of inheriting this passion and it gives me great joy to see their unique creations.  After all, sitting around that dining table as a family enjoying a meal is one of the greatest blessings, and looking at a beautiful tablescape just makes it that much better! ;-)

These are photos of my last two Easter tablescapes. This years' will be posted on Easter!

Thanks for visiting!

Veronique

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog! Someday I will figure out how to do it, lol! <3

    ReplyDelete