Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!


I absolutely love holidays as you are quickly learning.  It gives me an excuse to design a new tablescape and share another memory with my family, and now with all who follow my blog.  But seriously, Easter means so much more to me, and at this time it is my hope that we stop and reflect the true meaning of the day.

Jesus paid the price for all our sins.  When we repent and believe in Him, we can change, and a better life begins. Easter stands for a second chance for us to choose to put things right; if we repent, and really believe, our record is polished clean.  Easter signals new beginnings; new growth, life, friendship, peace and giving.  The spirit of Easter is all about hope, love and joyful living.  If I could share my wish, it would be for all of us to live our lives as if everyday were Easter.

Now that my children are grown, I no longer make them Easter baskets, much to their dismay I am sure.  Now I have grandchildren to continue one of my silly little Easter traditions.  I started with my first child purely by accident including pretty girlie panties in her Easter basket.  I believe it simply was a trick for the beginning of potty training, but the tradition began that year.  The girls always looked forward to it, and although the boys thought it was kind of weird as they obviously preferred the peeps, they speak of it fondly today. Memories...

This years' Easter table was triggered by my discovery of the discounted lettuce plates almost three months ago.  I always buy 12 of everything whenever possible.  I had to go to three different stores to find my total, but I love them.  This sparked the entire look.  The dinner plates and bowls were also found at clearance with an additional 50% off! Orange napkins from a Thanksgiving years ago were folded to mimic bunny ears.  The placemats are actually from last year, but they fit the bill.  With a bit of imagination, I found the accent pieces here and there, used extra clay pots to house the fresh lettuce, and voila!  When one of my daughter's first saw it, she exclaimed, "Beatrix Potter!"  Not my intent, but I'll take it.

Rejoice in the spirit of Easter!

Thanks for visiting!

Veronique















No comments:

Post a Comment